MIREL VIERU- b.1980
Mirel Vieru is a young painter born in Băileşti, Romania in 1980, who graduated in 2004 the University of Art and Design, Cluj-Napoca, Painting Degree.
Mirel is part of the generation of artist from Cluj (“Cluj School”) promoted in the last years by the Belgian Gallery “Mie Lefevre”, which had an important role in promoting the “Cluj School”.
We are proud to announce that Mirel was not only accepted to exhibit on the Gallery’s page by the International website ARTSY, where Renaissance Art Gallery was made a Partner Gallery since 2008 but his name appeared under famous romanian painter Adrian Ghenie on the genome page of Cluj School.
Mirel was colleague with Adrian Ghenie, another established painter outside Romania, Adrian Ghenie was in the last year of University when Mirel started it.
Adrian Ghenie and other Cluj painters (Mircea Suciu, Serban Savu or Marius Bercea) were among the first artists who had access to the art galleries from the West of Europe or North America, helping the Cluj school of painting to become known and helping the new generations of painters like Mirel Vieru to be related to the phenomenon of the figurative painting recognized internationally and to the story of “Cluj School”.
In August 2022 Oana Visoiu decided to focus more on the Gallery own website and ended the partnership with Artsy but you can still see the artist name on Artsy ARTIST Mirel Vieru on Artsy .
CV Mirel Vieru – b. 1980
- 2000 – 2004 University of Art and Design, Cluj-Napoca, Painting Degree
- 2004 – 2006 University of Art and Design, Cluj-Napoca, Painting Master Studies
- 2006 – Athens’ School of Fine Arts, Erasmus Scholarship
- 2006 – 2009 PhD Visual Arts
- PhD Thesis: Study on Everyday Life in the Twentieth Century Art / Studiul vietii cotidiene in secolul al 20lea
- 2011 – Painting PhD Degree
- 2004 – Expo Transilvania, Cluj-Napoca
- 2004 Group Exhibition – Casa Tranzit, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- 2006 Expo Transilvania, Cluj-Napoca
- 2007 Free Entry, The Art Museum of Cluj-Napoca
- 2011 Casa Matei, University of Art and Design of Cluj-Napoca
- 2013 Group Exhibition – The Palace of Parliament/ Palatul Parlamentului, Bucharest, Romania
- 2015 Lines and limits/ Linii si limite – Mie Lefevre Gallery, Gent, Belgium
- 2019 Solo Exhibitions
“Journey to a drifting star” on line on Artsy since November 2019 and with physical opening 2nd November 2019 at ANAGRAM Brewing organized by Renaissance Art Gallery “Journey to a drifting star” at Renaissance Art Gallery
- 2021 Solo Exhibition “Fragment as Essential Discontinuity” on line on Artsy since 18 December 2021 and with physical opening on 18 of December 2021 and still on view till December 2022 at Renaissance Art Gallery premises in Pipera, Romania