Mirel Vieru is a young painter born in Băileşti, Romania in 1980, who graduated in 2004 the University of Art and Design, Cluj-Napoca, Painting Degree.
Mirel is part of the generation of artist from Cluj (“Cluj School”) promoted in the last years by the Belgian Gallery “Mie Lefevre”, which had an important role in promoting the “Cluj School”.
We are proud to announce that Mirel was accepted to exhibit on the Gallery’s page by the International website ARTSY, where Renaissance Art Gallery is already representing some of its ARTISTS . To find out more about Mirel on ARTSY please follow the link ARTIST Mirel Vieru on Artsy .
Now it is eassier for you to find out what are the news and trends in the International Art world and to sustain your favourite Artists if you subscribe to ARTSY and click follow on Renaissance Art Gallery Artists or any other artist in the world.
Mirel was colleague with Adrian Ghenie, another established painter outside Romania, Adrian Ghenie was in the last year of University when Mirel started it.
Adrian Ghenie and other Cluj painters (Mircea Suciu, Serban Savu or Marius Bercea) were among the first artists who had access to the art galleries from the West of Europe or North America, helping the Cluj school of painting to become known and helping the new generations of painters like Mirel Vieru to be related to the phenomenon of the figurative painting recognized internationally and to the story of “Cluj School”.
- 2000 – 2004 University of Art and Design, Cluj-Napoca, Painting Degree
- 2004 – 2006 University of Art and Design, Cluj-Napoca, Painting Master Studies
- 2006 – Athens’ School of Fine Arts, Erasmus Scholarship
- 2006 – 2009 PhD Visual Arts
- PhD Thesis: Study on Everyday Life in the Twentieth Century Art / Studiul vietii cotidiene in secolul al 20lea
- 2011 – Painting PhD Degree
- 2004 – Expo Transilvania, Cluj-Napoca
- 2004 Group Exhibition – Casa Tranzit, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- 2006 Expo Transilvania, Cluj-Napoca
- 2007 Free Entry, The Art Museum of Cluj-Napoca
- 2011 Casa Matei, University of Art and Design of Cluj-Napoca
- 2013 Group Exhibition – The Palace of Parliament/ Palatul Parlamentului, Bucharest, Romania
- 2015 Lines and limits/ Linii si limite – Mie Lefevre Gallery, Gent, Belgium